Why A Split Long Workout Will Help You
Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation for another weekly endurance podcast. This week Coach P discusses the Split Workout concept that Endurance Nation has used since 2017 to help long-distance runners prepare for their events.
Every runner is well aware of long run days. Regardless of if you loathe or love your long run, there are ways to get more bang for your miles. Enter, the split long run.
Endurance Nation has long since been an advocate of Run Durability we have seen massive gains from this program, but another key component to durability is the ability to be able to ramp up the volume at a moments notice. This is where the split long run technique can come into play. However, can it apply to other disciplines? Listen and find out.
Key Talking Points
- What is a Split Workout
- How do we split workouts inside Endurance Nation?
- What benefits do we see from split workouts?
- How can you split your next big session?
- Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast…[find more online here]
- Prefer to watch the podcast? Follow [Endurance Nation on YouTube]for video recordings of Coach Patrick on the podcast and much more!
- Newsletter: Get regular updates and articles that will make you a smarter and faster athlete! [Sign Up Here]
- Become a Patron of the Podcast: Keep the Endurance Nation podcast 100% sponsor-free and 100% athlete-focused. Become a contributor for direct access to the podcast, for chances to win EN gear and more! Learn more online [here]
- Audible eBook Trial: Make the most of your drive time or downtime with business, learning or entertaining books (that you’d otherwise NEVER read): [www.endurancenation.us/audible]
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast. Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us, or Become a Team Member. Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!