Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation for another weekly endurance podcast. This week Coach P interviews Team Endurance Nation member Sabra Gonzalez on her first Ultra (Pine Mountain Ultra). You can get more UltraRun information from Endurance Nation online here.
Key Talking Points:
- Key Learning: There is an Ultra running technique…downhill smaller steps….uphill running controlling effort / heart rate while maintaining speed.
- Ultra Run Nutrition was different than triathlons. Sabra ate more real food than gels/bars/etc; baked potato in little bites; liquid nutrition for calories and sodium. Even potato chips (salty).
- Key Equipment: A Nathan hydration vest
- Training Challenges: Low points were many, but in retrospect they were milestones on the journey. The back to back weekends were the confidence builders.
- Recovery Tips: Recovery boots, epsom salt bath and foam rolling.
- Mantra: PROVE IT
- Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast…[find more online here]
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Prefer to Watch the Show? Follow Endurance Nation on YouTube for video recordings of Coach Patrick on the podcast and much more!
- Newsletter – Get regular updates and articles that will make you a smarter and faster athlete! Sign Up Here
- Audible eBook Trial: Make the most of your drive time or down time with business, learning, or entertaining books (that you’d otherwise NEVER read): www.endurancenation.us/audible
- Become a Podcast Supporter: That’s right, you can help contribute to keeping the Endurance Nation podcast 100% athlete-focused. Make a small contribution online here: www.patreon.com/endurancenation
Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us to stay on top of all things endurance. If you’re ready to get started create your Membership at EnduranceNation.us/join – we even have a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!