Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation for another weekly endurance podcast. This week Scott Giljum is our guest in the Team Interview Series.
Scott joined the team in late 2012 after completing Ironman Louisville. He attended a pre-race talk, led by Coach Patrick on the Four Keys of Race Execution. Scott went on to set PRs at his next three IM Races. A brief foray into ultra running aggravated longstanding rugby issues, and Scott endured a few surgeries before pivoting to Gravel racing and two-wheeled adventures.
Scott has taking on a leadership role inside the Team by leading multiple rides on Zwift, both events and team races. He also became a Wicked Smart Member this year, nominated and selected by his teammates.
In this conversation, we talk about the transition across the lifespan of a sport and to a new sport, including:
- Building an engine and performance expectations
- Walking the path of transition from sport to sport
- The change in strategy in different types of events.
We also cover some of the industry changes during Covid, including racing being about more than a medal — it’s the shared experience.
- Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast…[find more online here]
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Prefer to Watch the Show? Follow Endurance Nation on YouTube for video recordings of Coach Patrick on the podcast and much more!
- Newsletter – Get regular updates and articles that will make you a smarter and faster athlete! Sign Up Here
- Audible eBook Trial: Make the most of your drive time or down time with business, learning or entertaining books (that you’d otherwise NEVER read): www.endurancenation.us/audible
- Become a Podcast Supporter: That’s right, you can help contribute to keeping the Endurance Nation podcast 100% athlete-focused. Make a small contribution online here: www.patreon.com/endurancenation
Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us to stay on top of all things endurance. If you’re ready to get started create your Membership at EnduranceNation.us/join – we even have a 30-day money back guarantee!
Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!