Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation for another special Team Endurance Nation interview podcast with Gabe Peterson, one of our newest Community Moderators. Gabe has long since left the world of triathlon for more adventurous events. If it’s epic, and there’s a race nearby, Gabe has likely done it. From the Bear 100(22k vertical) to the Wasatch 100 (24k vertical) to the Leadville 100, Gabe has put himself through a ton of tight spots just to bring you some incredible advice and motivation.
Key Talking Points:
- Build into ultra running with a progression: Marathon to 50k to 50 miler and then 100 miler.
- Ultra running has an incredible amount of technique involved; practice makes perfect!
- What makes a 100 mile run on a treadmill even possible.
Key Tips for New UltraRunners:
- Always get the vertical in to match your race / event
- Trekking poles are key to help you stay on your feet and running by the end of a 100 miler.
- Descending is a critical skill that must be practiced.
- A strong mental game is key to deal with fatigue, lack of sleep, weather and other variables.
- Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast…[find more online here]
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Prefer to Watch the Show? Follow Endurance Nation on YouTube for video recordings of Coach Patrick on the podcast and much more!
- Newsletter – Get regular updates and articles that will make you a smarter and faster athlete! Sign Up Here
- Audible eBook Trial: Make the most of your drive time or down time with business, learning, or entertaining books (that you’d otherwise NEVER read): www.endurancenation.us/audible
- Become a Podcast Supporter: That’s right, you can help contribute to keeping the Endurance Nation podcast 100% athlete-focused. Make a small contribution online here: www.patreon.com/endurancenation
Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us to stay on top of all things endurance. If you’re ready to get started create your Membership at EnduranceNation.us/join – we even have a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!