Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation (www.endurancenation.us) for another weekly endurance podcast.
This week Coach P dives into Spring Training. One of the most important parts of being a successful endurance athlete is being able to adjust.
Training, like life, is nothing more than a series of unplanned events coming at you at full speed requiring you to adapt and change on the fly. Whether it’s sudden changes in weather, health, work, etc., there’s always something on the daily agenda that is trying to take you away from executing the plans that you have put in place.
But it’s one thing to operate willy-nilly just changing according to the latest news. It’s entirely different when you can work from a plan and your expectations of the plan and then make adjustments accordingly to keep you on track en route to your goals.
This podcast is all about making sure that these interim decisions are just as well executed as the outline of the season you created earlier this year.
Here the key talking points for the podcast:
– Part One: Reviewing your expectations for the year
– Part Two: Determining what your early-season goals were and how you performed against them.
– Part Three: Grading that performance and setting interim targets for your next block of training
– Part Four: Some case studies for runners and triathletes.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast. Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us, or create a FREE 30-day trial membership at EnduranceNation.us/join. Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!