Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation (www.endurancenation.us) for another weekly endurance podcast. This week Coach P discusses why the Half Marathon is one of the most important “non-important” races of your season. You’ll not only confirm your fitness, you’ll have a much better sense of what your true in-season run potential is!
**Why Test Half if the Goal is Fitness Zones?**
– Pacing Required
– Season Specific
– Facilitates Better Race Pace Predictions
**Other Lessons Learned:**
– Can you be fast without volume?
– How does your fast deteriorate with more volume (long course folks).
– How does 1/2 time compare to 70.3 Run time (within 10 minutes).
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast. Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us, or Become a Team Member. Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!
Leave a Reply