Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation for another weekly endurance podcast.
This week Coach P reviews his Ironman Hawaii, World Championship experience, starting with the first half of his year — planning, training, preparation, etc.
There is a myriad of things that go into a “good” race at the world championships. Some of it is just luck. But luck certainly favors the prepared….so tune in to hear how Coach P made sure he was as ready as possible.
Key Talking Points include:
- An early qualification at Ironman® Cabos
- Season planning to eliminate common injuries/setbacks from years past
- Race training without the pressure of volume or ramping up the bike as well as the run
- Value of “early” Race Planning in order to make your final training weeks as specific as possible
Additional Links and Resources:
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast. Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us, or Become a Team Member. Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!