Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation (www.endurancenation.us) for another weekly endurance podcast. This week Coach P interviews Endurance Nation member extraordinaire, Dino Sarti, on his RAAM experience.
A “late addition” to an 8-man Team, Dino recounts the highs and lows that constitute a 3500+ mile bike ride across the United States. Dino is a great storyteller, and he manages to make you laugh while he’s also taking you to school on all things RAAM.
Key Talking Points include:
- The weight of the logistics not only pre-race but also at check-in and following the rules;
- Rules? How about a spiral bound book with turn-by-turn notes for an unmarked cross country course;
- How a 12-hour rest shift only netted 3 hours of sleep;
- Why exercise food was gone by the third day;
- What Dino would do differently next time around (don’t tell his wife!).
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast. Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us, or Become a Team Member. Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!