Mastering your performance in hot conditions usually takes a great deal of trial and error. It’s hard to predict how your body will respond without actually putting your body to work in extreme conditions. All safety considerations aside, here are five different aspects of exercising in the heat that can help endurance athletes.
- Being flexible with your nutrition to incorporate more fluids
- Having extra no salt on hand to be able to process those additional fluids as needed
- Using strategic items such as shade or ice at 8 stations to strategically reduce your heart rate
- Triathletes can make the most out of having sponges available on the Run course to wipe their skin and help conduct more energy out of their bodies into the atmosphere (especially in the humidity)
- Don’t stay at a steady speed all the time, take advantage of mini-breaks to get your heart rate down and recover before the next effort.
Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast…find more online here.
Prefer to Watch the Show?
Follow Endurance Nation on YouTube for video recordings of Coach Patrick on the podcast and much more!
Get regular updates and articles that will make you a smarter and faster athlete! Sign Up Here
Audible eBook Trial: Make the most of your drive time or down time with business, learning or entertaining books (that you’d otherwise NEVER read): www.endurancenation.us/audible
Become a Podcast Supporter: That’s right, you can help contribute to keeping the Endurance Nation podcast 100% athlete-focused. Make a small contribution online here: www.patreon.com/endurancenation
Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us to stay on top of all things endurance. If you’re ready to get started create your Membership at EnduranceNation.us/join – we have a 30-day money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied!
Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!