Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation for another short coffee conversation. These shorter episodes are for smaller, timely conversations that might not otherwise make it to the big time. If you’ve got a topic for Coach Patrick, submit it online [here]
A replicated study confirms that a diet high in carbohydrates will help athletes outperform others on a more low carb diet.
The initial study showed that while Low Carb athletes did burn twice as much fat for fuel as the High Carb athletes – many losing weight – only the High Carb athletes saw an increase in their relative economy (oxygen use for a given speed).
Just as interestingly, both groups saw an increase in VO2…but only the High Carb athletes saw an improvement in efficiency.
Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast…[find more online here].
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Prefer to Watch the Show? Follow Endurance Nation on YouTube for video recordings of Coach Patrick on the podcast and much more!
- Newsletter – Get regular updates and articles that will make you a smarter and faster athlete! Sign Up Here
- Audible eBook Trial: Make the most of your drive time or down time with business, learning or entertaining books (that you’d otherwise NEVER read): www.endurancenation.us/audible
- Become a Podcast Supporter: That’s right, you can help contribute to keeping the Endurance Nation podcast 100% athlete-focused. Make a small contribution online here: www.patreon.com/endurancenation
Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us to stay on top of all things endurance. If you’re ready to get started create your Membership at EnduranceNation.us/join – we even have a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!