- Nearly 350 of the 500 available slots have already been claimed.
- Training begins Monday, March 12th and ends Sunday, May 6th
- Learn more about FastCamp and register today!
FastCamp: Pre-Camp Questions and Discussion
We’ve been fielding pre-camp questions from registered participants and thought we share them with you, to get everyone on the same page:
What distance triathlete is FastCamp appropriate for?
FastCamp is not distance specific, ie, it’s not a short course, half Ironman, or Ironman® training plan. Our intent is to:
- Show you how simple and powerful it is to WORK, and get much, much faster.
- Introduce you to how we work with and coach our athletes. “How in the hell do two guys coach a team of 600 athletes by themselves?!” We’ll show you!
- Once we’ve made you FAST, we’ll turn you loose on the rest of the season, whether that’s short or long course triathlon.
In short, FastCamp is the “build FAST” portion of our “Build FAST, then FAR” season structure.
What minimum fitness do I need to have before FastCamp begins?
The key events in Week 1 of Fast Camp are:
- Swim, bike, and run tests to establish your training zones and set fitness/performance benchmarks, which you’ll then crush in Week 8.
- A 1:30-2:30 long ride and about a 1:00 long run, depending on ability.
How does FastCamp work within the context of an Ironman® season?
Go here to see a FastCamp-to-Ironman® Canada season plan that Rich created for a participant
Do you have any other questions for us?
Please ask in the comments section below!