Effective November 1, 2007
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit Endurance Nation you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and Web Site use information collected by us as you interact with our Web Site. When you register with Endurance Nation, you provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address, your gender, schools attended, triathlon club, and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us. When you enter Endurance Nation, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all Endurance Nation visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to Endurance Nation. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature. When you use Endurance Nation, you may form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, form groups, set up events, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. In most cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your friend list. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information. If you post personally identifiable information in areas of the Web Site accessible to other user, you should be aware that such information can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used improperly to send your unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums or for others’ misuse of such information. Any misuse or improper collection of information provided on EnduranceNation.us is a violation of the EnduranceNation.us Terms of Service and should be reported through to [email protected] If you chose to use our invitation services to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Company stores this information to send this one-time email, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove this information from our database. We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Service through the operation of the Service in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience. By using Endurance Nation, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to us or on Endurance Nation. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected] PARENTS ARE ALLOWED TO REVIEW THE PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY THEIR CHILDREN BY CONTACTING ENDURANCE NATION AT [email protected] IF REQUESTED, ENDURANCE NATION CAN DELETE THEIR CHILD’S PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM THE WEBSITE BY CONTACTING ENDURANCE NATION AT [email protected]
USE OF INFORMATION OBTAINED BY ENDURANCE NATION
When you register with Endurance Nation, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, as well as your name, email and photo, are displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on Endurance Nation. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by Endurance Nation that we think you may find valuable. Profile information is used by us primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the Service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information by your privacy settings. In some cases where your privacy settings permit it (e.g., posting to your Comments), other Endurance Nation users may be able to supplement your profile. You can delete these comments if you wish. Profile information you submit to Endurance Nation will be available to users of Endurance Nation who belong to at least one of the networks you allow to access the information through your privacy settings. People who see your name in searches, however, will not be able to access your profile information unless they have a relationship to you that allows access based on privacy settings.
ENDURANCE NATION WILL NOT REQUEST MORE INFORMATION THAN IS REASONABLY NECESSARY FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ENDURANCE NATION AND ITS RELATED ACTIVITIES (I.E. FAN CLUBS, CONTESTS, ETC.). Endurance Nation will send you only service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the Service. For instance, if a friend sends you a message, you may receive an email alerting you to that fact. Generally, you many not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account. We may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a certain region like a band or movie and personalizing advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you Endurance Nation. For example, if you put a favorite movie in your profile, we might serve you an advertisement highlighting a screening of a similar one in your town. But we don’t tell the movie company who you are. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you (OR YOUR PARENT IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13).
* We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about Endurance Nation, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Endurance Nation-specified purposes. SUCH PROTECTIONS INCLUDE MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION.
* We occasionally provide demonstration accounts that allow non-users a glimpse into the Endurance Nation world. Such accounts have passwords that are changed regularly to limit possible misuse.
* We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Service or using the Endurance Nation name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
* We let you choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers through sponsored groups or other on-site offers.
* We may offer stores or provide services jointly with other companies on Endurance Nation. You can tell when another company is involved in any store or service provided on Endurance Nation, and we may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that store or service.
PARENTS: YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONSENT TO ENDURANCENATION.US’S COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR CHILD’S PERSONAL INFORMATION, BUT YOU MAY REQUEST THAT SUCH INFORMATION NOT BE DISCLOSED AND/OR NO LONGER BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES BY CONTACTING [email protected]
CHANGING OR REMOVING INFORMATION
Access and control over most personal information on Endurance Nation is readily available through the profile editing tools. Endurance Nation users may modify or remove their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their Endurance Nation account may do by sending an email to [email protected] and writing their request for removal in the email. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of Endurance Nation. Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individual on Endurance Nation, however, you generally cannot remove such communications.
Endurance Nation member accounts are secured by member-created passwords. We take precautions to insure that member account information is kept private. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time. For any additional information about the security measures we use on Endurance Nation, please contact [email protected]