Women In Sport: Nutritional & Mental Skills
For Endurance Women
Nutritional & Mental Skills For Endurance Women should be at the top of every woman’s training plan. Along with sports, it can be just as important. Being a woman in endurance sports can seem daunting at times. The majority of the training, scientific research and noise are around men. However, women have very specific nutritional needs and, in some cases, need to approach their mental training differently than a male as well.
We decided to dive straight into the common questions, issues, and topics regarding women in endurance sports, so we sought out experts in the fields of sports training and nutrition.
Join us as we speak with guest panelists Amy O’Sullivan, BS, CAPP, CYT, URMC Mental Skills Training Coach and Laura Ligos, MBA, RD, CSSD.
Nutritional & Mental Skills For Endurance Women Topics Include:
- Women’s specific nutrition needs because “women are not small men”
- Proper nutrition for the training load
- Recovery needs
- How to make priorities and fit in all you have to do.
- Guilt, we all have it, why we need to knock it off
- Mental health: anxiety, depression
- Comparison – rather that be to yourself or to others