Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation for another weekly endurance podcast. This week Coach Patrick interviews Endurance Nation member Brad Cline on his strategic body composition approach at the start of the season.
Over the course of 14 weeks, Brad lost 28lbs through a combination of Low Carb nutrition and a “relaxed” approach to Intermittent Fasting. While there is no “one size fits all” approach to body composition, Brad’s work stood out for a few key reasons:
- Prioritizing body comp early in the season (Winter) vs Later as outline in our Lesson on Body Composition.
- Reduction in almost all training intensity (consistency remained) to make fasted workouts possible.
- Using (recent) personal best body comp targets as the goal vs imaginary targets.
- Tracked calories for awareness and timing using the My Fitness Pal app.
- Modified quality of post-workout meals to aid in his goals, specifically targeting Fat Macros
- Intermittent Fasting Info
- Low Carb/Met Flex Diet
- My Fitness Pal
- MCT Oil / Powder: Medium Chain Triglycerides
- Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast…[find more online here]
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Prefer to Watch the Show? Follow Endurance Nation on YouTube for video recordings of Coach Patrick on the podcast and much more!
- Newsletter – Get regular updates and articles that will make you a smarter and faster athlete! Sign Up Here
- Audible eBook Trial: Make the most of your drive time or down time with business, learning or entertaining books (that you’d otherwise NEVER read): www.endurancenation.us/audible
- Become a Podcast Supporter: That’s right, you can help contribute to keeping the Endurance Nation podcast 100% athlete-focused. Make a small contribution online here: www.patreon.com/endurancenation
Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us to stay on top of all things endurance. If you’re ready to get started create your Membership at EnduranceNation.us/join – we even have a 30-day money back guarantee!
Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!