Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation for another weekly endurance podcast. This week Coach P sits down with Eric Kenny from EK Endurance Coaching. The topic is Swimming and Minimum Effective Dose…what to consider when constructing a season. As a baseline, know that Eric advocates for swimming 2x a week, year-round.
Key Talking Points:
- Make small gains all the time.
- Swimming is skill-based, so continuous application of those skill matter.
- Choose a coached session (masters) so you have feedback from the deck.
- Swim warm-ups are critical for improved overall training, as they help set up your stroke and prepare for a better workout.
- Since we swim in a closed atmosphere, it’s the perfect “inclement weather” alternate activity to replace a run or bike.
- Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast…[find more online here]
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Prefer to Watch the Show? Follow Endurance Nation on YouTube for video recordings of Coach Patrick on the podcast and much more!
- Newsletter – Get regular updates and articles that will make you a smarter and faster athlete! Sign Up Here
- Audible eBook Trial: Make the most of your drive time or down time with business, learning, or entertaining books (that you’d otherwise NEVER read): www.endurancenation.us/audible
- Become a Podcast Supporter: That’s right, you can help contribute to keeping the Endurance Nation podcast 100% athlete-focused. Make a small contribution online here: www.patreon.com/endurancenation
Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us to stay on top of all things endurance. If you’re ready to get started create your Membership at EnduranceNation.us/join – we even have a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!