Taking Charge of 2020 with a D.I.Y. Event!
A big part of the endurance lifestyle is training up to compete in events and races.
An even bigger part is testing your fitness with others who share the goal of personal improvement.
We have lost so many opportunities for that this year, with seemingly no end in sight.
So, join us! Use the Endurance Nation training program and world-wide community of endurance athletes to keep that mojo alive for this season!
What: 2km Swim + 80km Bike + 20km Run = A Real Triathlon that won’t be canceled!
When: August 24th to 30th, 2020
Where: In your home, your neighborhood…anywhere YOU are
Who: You and dozens of other Endurance Nation athletes
Why: Because we need an event this year, for focus and discipline and the chance to “compete” with others for fun and recognition!
How to Participate – Choose Your Option!
- Just the Race, Please! By registering you will gain access to the event itself, including the social elements from chat groups to online meet ups. There is a $1 charge to be a part of the community around the event. You have to have skin in the game! 👍
- Want a Finisher Shirt? We are working on creating the only race shirt you will get in 2020. 🤣 If you want a finisher shirt, check that option and you will be charged $31 for the shirt (includes shipping to you).
- Need Training Too? We Got You! If you aren’t already on Team Endurance Nation, you can chose the PlanEN Level. You’ll be charged $47, which covers two months of PlanEN membership (a $94 value) and your Finisher Shirt (a $30 value). We will send you a special coupon that will allow you to sign up for membership separately shortly after you sign up.
After You Register
We will be in touch with instructions for the social part of the event via email, so stay tuned. If you have questions you can email Brenda our Race Director for more information.
The Rules (Subject to Change!)
- Your “event” has to happen within a 24 hour window. The closer together, the better.
- Order of events must be Swim / Bike / Run.
- Indoor and outdoor workouts are both fine…if you can record it and/or track it, then it counts!
- Each leg of the race has to be a single session – you can’t add 2 x 10km run to count for the 20km, for example.
- We will have a dedicated Chat Group to connect through Race Week.
- Post pictures on Strava for each workout…especially those runs!
- We will use Zoom for regular meetings as we prepare for the DIY Tri.
- Awesome Finisher T-Shirt for those who opt in. 💪
- Awards? That’s TBD as we can sort that out together!
Register below and we’ll send you information and invite you to our private Strava group for tracking your data.
About Endurance Nation
Since 2007 we have been helping age group athletes achieve their endurance goals through coaching, community and education. Led by Coach Patrick McCrann, 30-time Ironman finisher including 11 Kona Qualifications, TeamEN continues blaze a path forward for athletes in all disciplines from triathlon to ultra running to gravel cycling and unique enduro events.
“Current events have taken a significant personal toll on people across the globe, and athletes are no exception. Being active and fit is an expression of who we are, and finding a safe place to train and connect with our peers is very important. We are super excited to host the DIY August Tri for multisport athletes from around the globe looking to replace a race. Anyone can join in the fun…the more, the better!”