There are many high volume training camps.
Our Tour of California camp is the only one that happens during, in, and around a Pro Tour stage race!
You will ride 4 to 5 hours per day on the route of each stage…about 2 to 3 hours ahead of the pro peloton.
- You will have the unique experience of being chased, literally, by the pro peloton.
- Along the way you’ll be cheered by crazed cycling fans on the top of KOM’s and at the intermediate sprints.
- You’ll ride the most breathtakingly scenic, and challenging terrain, that California has to offer!
If you are a triathlete, cyclist, or cycling fan, and love to ride your bike in epically cool terrain with other athletes who share your commitment to a fitness lifestyle, THIS is your cycling experience of a lifetime.
2017 will be our EIGHTH Tour of California Training Camp
2016 Tour of California Training Camp
The Amgen Tour of California will begin on Sunday, May 14th, and end on Saturday, May 20th.
We will meet in Sacramento on Saturday, May 13th, and begin riding Sunday, May 14th.
We will ride Stages 1 through 7 of the Tour, including a VIP experience on the time trial stage!
The camp ends after the final stage in Pasadena on, May 20th.
- Repeating 2016 Campers pay only $2695, before December 31st, 2016
- TeamEN members pay only $2895, before December 31st, 2016, general public thereafter.
- General Public: $2995
Deposit: $250, fully refundable before 1/31/17
Your registration fee includes:
- 7 nights lodging, double occupancy, from Saturday, May 13th, through Friday, May 19th. Add $600 if you prefer your own room (instructions included after you submit your deposit).
- VIP passes for the Time Trial Stage, a $200 value!
- One Endurance Nation Tour of California cycling jerseys, camp t-shirt, trucker hat, and water bottles, a $250 value!
- Camp Welcome and Camp Completion dinners
- Breakfast, lunch, and training food each day. Some lunches included, depending on the schedule for the day.
- All transportation of you, your bike, and gear during the camp.
- Riding and SAG support on the course.
- Airfare to/from the camp.
- Dinners each night: given individual food preferences, we’ve found it’s easiest to have the campers self-serve for dinner.
- Transportation to/from LAX.
- Bike shipping to / from the camp.
Refund and Payment Policy — PLEASE READ!!
$250 camp deposit is 100% refundable through 1/31/17.
Full camp balance is due 1/31/17
Registration is 50% refundable through 3/15/17
We can’t offer any refunds within the final 60 days.
(Slots can be transferred to another person, however!)
You can expect to ride 4-5hrs per day, every day, on extremely challenging terrain. Historically, campers have logged nearly 500 miles and 22-30hrs of total saddle time each year of the camp.
In addition, you will be riding on the course of the Tour of California about 2-3 hours ahead of the pro peleton. You’ll contest for KOMs and sprints with your fellow campers, be cheered on by spectators, and will enjoy a VIP experience for the Time Trial Stage of the T0ur!
The Endurance Nation Tour of California Training Camp is a very challenging cycling experience. A certain level of fitness is required by all the campers in order to ensure a quality camp experience for everyone. For this reason, Coach Rich Strauss must first determine if you are suitable for this training camp before you can register.
To Register for the Endurance Nation Tour of California Training Camp
- Step #1: Email Coach Rich Strauss at email@example.com to begin a conversation about your past race performances and current fitness, to determine if you are approved for this camp.
- Step #2: If your application is approved Rich will invoice you for the $250 deposit.
Email Rich Strauss at firstname.lastname@example.org with ToC’17 in the subject line.
**This camp is not associated with, in any way, the Amgen Tour of California. This is a training camp on open, public roads.**