Join Coach Patrick from Endurance Nation (www.endurancenation.us) for another weekly endurance podcast.
This week Coach P reflects on Jan Frodeno’s injury status after winning 70.3™ Worlds and how we can use this moment to make ourselves better athletes. As background, with a stress fracture in his SI joint, there’s no way Frodo can compete safely. While he’s the fittest man on the planet cruising around on crutches, let’s capture some good lessons learned.
Key Talking Points include:
* Training has physical, mental, and emotional impacts.
* These “effects” are inter-related.
* The better you know your limits, the better you can safely challenge yourself to be better.
* The big picture goal is to remain healthy and consistent across your season.
Additional Links and Resources:
* Jan Frodeno is OUT of Kona 2018 with Injury (Tri247.com)
Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast…find more online here
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Thanks for listening to this Endurance Nation podcast. Endurance Nation is the world’s largest, fastest online triathlon coaching group with more than 750 members across the globe training and racing together. Be sure to check us out at EnduranceNation.us, or create a FREE 30-day trial membership at EnduranceNation.us/join. Endurance Nation: Work Hard, Get Smart, Go Fast!
Sign Up for the Endurance Nation Newsletter!